Earth nature field

Package deal - rogue+lock

Apply to join Out of range
darkbell
Almost a nobody (or possibly Qym)

Package deal - rogue+lock

Post by darkbell »

General information
Note: We are rogue and lock applying together. The lock's name is Darkbell and will be referred as D and the rogue's name is Ulfhendhal and will be referred as U.
Where are you from?: Romania, GMT+2/ Realm time +1
Age (better be old enough to pay for your own account)?: D:21, U:23

Game information
Ingame Name: Darkbell, Ulfhendhal
Race: D:undead, U:orc
Class: D:warlock, U:rogue
Level: 80 (both)
Time played? Type /played ingame: D: 40 days, U: 150
Professions: D: tailoring, jc; U: skin, inscriptions
Do you have any rare patterns (not that important but always nice)?: Hmm don't think so.
Talent build (better be good or we will tell you to change): D: PvE replenisment destro, PvP: affli; U: PvE: combat maces, PvP: mutilate-preparation
What is your usual play time?: We play in the evening during weekdays and weekends subject to change. We will make our schedule around the raid's schedule.
How many times a week you can raid?: 2-3 times.

IF you are DPS class, what is your usual dps in 25man: D:3.5k-4.5k, U:4k-5k.

Got Ventrilo and working sound so you can actually listen to what is said? Yes and yes.
Got enough money to respec and willing to do it? Yes but I think our speccs are quite ok. We have tried various speccs in order to reach these ones and they work our pretty well.
Previous Guilds: On previous server. None here.
Have you have any raiding experience?: D: played for 8 months, almost only on the lock, level 80 for 4 months. Did all raids until Ulduar10 10/14 and Ulduar25 5/10. U: played since vanilla. Same with the ulduar. Haven't gotten the chance on the previous server to finish Uld25 because of lack of skilled players and by skilled I mean not-complete-idiots. But we are intelligent and read tacts and watch movies and can jolly well follow simple orders.
Is there anyone in the guild who can vouch for you?: We have spoken to Leef.

Profile (Allakhazam/CT/Armory): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... n=Darkbell , http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... Ulfhendhal
Be.imba.hu places D and U at optimum level of uld25 hardmodes (t8.5-9).

Other stuff
Why do you want to join us?: We liked your name, we liked talking to Leef, you seem like a guild who does their raids and does them efficiently meaning you yell if someone sits in fire and you prolly do not allow any ninja afk/peing brakes.

Any other thing you want us to know?: We are two players who have a life and enjoy raiding as well as pvp. From raiding we wish to have a group which has fun but also knows what to do since that is a best fit for us. We are fun, dedicated to the guild where we are affiliated and always try to make a difference.
"You're not one of us." - "I don't think I'm one of them either. I'm one of mine."
Terry Pratchett
Trickindel
Zomger

Post by Trickindel »

"And we are also Romanian!" Va pupati in gura, baieti, de aplicati impreuna?

Good luck!
darkbell

Post by darkbell »

First of all, you could have had the courtesy to answer in English.
Second of all your reply isn't actually worthy of an answer, inteligence-wise since a three year old could have figured that we are a couple, politeness-wise since that was extremely rude and cowardly-wise since you did not have the balls to write it in English.
"You're not one of us." - "I don't think I'm one of them either. I'm one of mine."
Terry Pratchett
Corroc
Someone special

Post by Corroc »

darkbell wrote:First of all, you could have had the courtesy to answer in English.
Second of all your reply isn't actually worthy of an answer, inteligence-wise since a three year old could have figured that we are a couple, politeness-wise since that was extremely rude and cowardly-wise since you did not have the balls to write it in English.
you are gonna get so trolled now by trickindel :<
darkbell

Post by darkbell »

He's a conational. And I know his breed. Lil skinny geek, types a lot from the comfort of his room, behind his probably very profficient pc and hy-tech keyboard. I would prolly knock him out cold with one swing or confuse him if I chose to talk on any topic except computer-related.
Best thing to do is not respond in kind, mind your own bussiness and hope he will cease the useless barking.
Terry Pratchett
Deirdra
Haxxor

Post by Deirdra »

You have way too much faith in the number of different types of people you met throughout your life, and the ability to judge one person by one post. Also, at no point did your application even hint towards you guys being a couple, which is an information nobody needs when it comes to pc games. We've had other people applying 2in1 just for the fact they enjoy playing together, thus nobody actually thought anything about the couple part.

Seeing this type of reaction tells me OoR is not the right guild for you guys, as most members do make racist, sexist, gay jokes all the time, without ANYONE in the guild actually being a homophobe, racist, sexist. We're just a bunch of people with a different threshold on the whole "fun" subject.

This being said, i vote against you guys joining simply for the fact that every single person in the guild will have to refrain from expressing themselves in a way they were used to , in order to not piss you 2 off.

PS: As much as we're not truly homophobes, we do love our little, you might call, lame jokes. We CAN of course be polite, show intelligence, common sense or a decent amount of culture when it comes down to being serious.

PPS: Asa e internetu', deosebit de intolerant.
darkbell

Post by darkbell »

I do because I actually have some sort of training in the field. And from my experience there are not that many complex people. All of us fall more or less in a typology for the simple reason that it keeps us stable. Moreover, the world is made of patterns, including people. Our uniqueness comes from combining those patterns and some combinations are more fortunate then others.
And even if there are some people who do enjoy playing together I believe it is a safe bet to believe most of them are together. I might be wrong, of course, but it seems more probable.

And as for the "joke", you also being a Romanian you can very well understand my reaction. But for some weird reason you chose not to. It was not a simple joke. I can understand jokes. It was a rude remark period. And this is an application. It is a serious thing. It's like a cv for a job. After being accepted, everything that goes down in guild chat or daily vent is whatever. But as you do not make jokes whilst for example you encounter Freya and the raidlead is telling you what to do, or you do not insult your officers you do not make rude remarks when someone is applying. That remark was an insult. He could have put in 1000 different ways and it would have been ok. But he did not.

I expect a friendly environment and loose people in a guild who do make jokes, but I also want respect for it is the basis of any team or friendship.
Terry Pratchett
darkbell

Post by darkbell »

And as a sidenote, if any of you were online last night and saw weird messages from me, my account has been hacked. Apparently now it's being suspended for "disrupting in-game chat" during last night, when I was happily dreaming. Also the char has been deleted. I have contacted blizz support but in the meanwhile I appologise if my char has said anything... :roll:
Terry Pratchett
Deirdra
Haxxor

Post by Deirdra »

darkbell wrote:
And as for the "joke", you also being a Romanian you can very well understand my reaction. But for some weird reason you chose not to. It was not a simple joke. I can understand jokes. It was a rude remark period. And this is an application. It is a serious thing. It's like a cv for a job. After being accepted, everything that goes down in guild chat or daily vent is whatever. But as you do not make jokes whilst for example you encounter Freya and the raidlead is telling you what to do, or you do not insult your officers you do not make rude remarks when someone is applying. That remark was an insult. He could have put in 1000 different ways and it would have been ok. But he did not.

I expect a friendly environment and loose people in a guild who do make jokes, but I also want respect for it is the basis of any team or friendship.
As i've said before...your reaction would've been more than motivated, had the application been clear about the couple part. Everyone would've known from the start and every lame joke would've been avoided.
I'm not taking sides, but i do however know Trickindel in real life, and he's anything but what you described on your first reply (although it made me chuckle :D). On the other hand, all the info i have on you is what you wrote here.

As far as having training in the field, i still say 1 post is not enough to categorize anyone, even if you got pissed off and ahead of yourself. The internet leaves a LOT of room for acting like you're not (usually) and there's generally wayyyyyyy too many variables when it comes to e-contact.

Sux when you get your account hacked, gotta start over with so many things
darkbell

Post by darkbell »

I figured that you probably know him and you defending him brings a tear to my eye. My characterisation comes from not being wrong many times and if I was wrong in this case I dutifully appologise. But usually flamers (and oh yay I had the chance to deal with these too) are usually baricaded behind their keyboards.
And with the account, well it depends on what blizzard manages to solve. If they don't manage to restore my character at full erm "content" indeed I might have to start over. But it seems such a childish gesture. Imagine, someone came online on my characters, started flaming in trad and then deleted my char. Since it is a game and I have had tremenduous fun leveling and fortunatelly I have many other satisfactions in my life, I have lost nothing. So many new opportunities arise now as they do with every change in ones life.
Catch you on the flip side.
Terry Pratchett
Corroc
Someone special

Post by Corroc »

darkbell wrote:I do because I actually have some sort of training in the field. And from my experience there are not that many complex people. All of us fall more or less in a typology for the simple reason that it keeps us stable. Moreover, the world is made of patterns, including people. Our uniqueness comes from combining those patterns and some combinations are more fortunate then others.
And even if there are some people who do enjoy playing together I believe it is a safe bet to believe most of them are together. I might be wrong, of course, but it seems more probable.

You take shit way too seriously, you woulnd't have lasted in oor more than week. Unless you have mental disorder that keeps you pissed off 95% of time like I had. And I take stuff seriously, but trickindel still makes me giggle with every insult he gives to me or anyone else.
Ruffz
Spammer

Post by Ruffz »

corroc and trick dont fucking post in recruitment if ur arnt askt to FFS learn to read the FUCKING FORUMS
if u ask me tricks post was unnecessary!!!!
Usi 70 druid Tn
Dace 70 rogue Tn
Usii loladin Tn
Ruffz 60 mage Dn
darkbell

Post by darkbell »

Corroc. It is an application. All i really wanted was either an yes or no or a pertinent question. You chose to turn it in one big mess. And I am not angry. Why would my posts look angry? I responded to an insult in what I thought a logical and coherent answer. Or is that not allowed? I am as casual as any person, even more so since I know this is a game and not a high-school drama.
If it would have been a joke I would have responded with a joke.
You're making too much of a big deal out of an exchange of lines between me and erm someone else.
Someone please have the sanity to take this all over. Just look at the application. That's it. If you have any questions which are relevant to the gameplay do ask.
Terry Pratchett
Deirdra
Haxxor

Post by Deirdra »

Ah yes....bring out the superiority complex and be all sarcastic with the "tear in your eye" comment. If you would've read the part where i said i'm not taking sides, i just know more of Trickindel than i know of you, maybe you would've stopped yourself before adding to the long list of smart asses that have colored this forum.

Speaking of your application, it's a tad thin on the information part, but it doesn't look bad. However, it would have to be amazing to outweigh the drama that followed.
Declined, from my PoV, simply for the fact there's no compatibility (some of the guild members that actually still play the game are worse in reactions than Trick sometimes, as mentioned before). All in good fun! Works for us, doesn't mean it should for everyone.
This is not just my decision though, so we'll vote on it and let you know what the majority of officers decided.
Leafmealone
Someone special

Post by Leafmealone »

I'm locking this, what an absolute load of bollocks, some freindly people ask me for a link to the website and make an app, and as usual people who who have no business posting here interfere.

I will look over the app again once your character is restored if you are still interested, but I wont be at all suprised if you aren't.

leef
ImageImage