Where are you from?: Sweden
Age (better be old enough to pay for your own account)?: 17

Game information
Ingame Name: Kaltey
Race: Blood Elf
Class: Paladin
Level: 80
Time played? Type /played ingame: 23 days
Professions: Jewelcrafting (just picked it up) and Mining (450)
Do you have any rare patterns (not that important but always nice)?: I have some, though havent learned them yet.
Talent build (better be good or we will tell you to change): 0/59/12
What is your usual play time?: 6 hours per day. Though weekends can go up to 12-14 hours.

Got Ventrilo and working sound so you can actually listen to what is said? Yes
Got enough money to respec and willing to do it? Got money, and no, waiting for duel-specc to go retribution.
Previous Guilds: Common swedish guilds. Though they havent worked very well so far.
Have you have any raiding experience?: Yes, most pre-tbc, some tbc, and some 10/25 man raids nowadays, though not Naxx.
Is there anyone in the guild who can vouch for you?: Yes, Blodshare.

Profile (Allakhazam/CT/Armory): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... r&n=Kaltey

Other stuff
Why do you want to join us (impress!)?: Since I know Blodshare IRL, that's one reason. And Ive searched for a good guild since I hit 80, though so far I've only found stupid guilds, which none of them exists anymore I think.
Now I heard you needed a tank, and I wanted to try my luck, and here I am, applying to you. Not a really impressive reason, though it's allways something.

Any other thing you want us to know?: Not really no. Ask me in-game if you want to know anything.
Leafmealone
Someone special

Re: Kaltey - Protection Paladin

Post by Leafmealone »

Kaltey wrote:
Some things you should keep to yourself! :P
ImageImage
Ignatius
Talker

Re: Kaltey - Protection Paladin

Post by Ignatius »

medashed wrote:
Kaltey wrote:
Some things you should keep to yourself! :P
xD
Blodshare
Talker

Post by Blodshare »

No it's true he's an irl friend of mine i just havent have time to comment.
I think we could try him out, but if we are full on tanks there's nothing else to do..

It's up to officers

GL man
Blodshare
Protor
Famous

Post by Protor »

someone isn't getting Leaf's insult :D
"Oh its a desintegrator, i thought it was a penis enlarger.. hehe that almost went terribly wrong"
Zarh
Recognizable

Post by Zarh »

I lold.
Leijonamieli
Lvl 70 poster

Lvl 70 poster

Post by Leijonamieli »

We are in need of tank..
Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.
Leijonamieli - Piece of Furniture Since 2005.
Sold after molded in the corner. ;(
Kaltey
Almost a nobody (or possibly Qym)

Post by Kaltey »

It never hurts to give me a try ;)
Butch/Surion/Cantstand
Famous

Post by Butch/Surion/Cantstand »

Indeed! need more tanks
Member since 13th Oct 2005!
Leijonamieli
Lvl 70 poster

Lvl 70 poster

Post by Leijonamieli »

Can you hand us more information about your raiding experience its not very informative at the moment.

So in wotlk you have done maly and sartharion with 3 drakes but not naxx?

What raids in tbc and what in vanilla?
Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.
Leijonamieli - Piece of Furniture Since 2005.
Sold after molded in the corner. ;(
Corroc
Someone special

Post by Corroc »

Leijonamieli wrote:Can you hand us more information about your raiding experience its not very informative at the moment.

So in wotlk you have done maly and sartharion with 3 drakes but not naxx?

What raids in tbc and what in vanilla?
are you drunk ?! :o
He has only done sartharion with 0 drakes, no raid experience in wotlk..
hujedamej
Dude, where's my pen?

Post by hujedamej »

some of your gems are fucked up oO +16 crit rating in the tanking jc trinket? woot? :P
and your talent is also weird.. 5/5 reckoning (which could been spent in better use) :/ and i thought every prot paly knew u dont put 2p (just 1) in the improved judgement cuz it fucks up 9/6/9/6... rotation..
and why pursuit of justice..? OO all this might just be cuz u "test" something out atm.. what do i know ^^

other than that, you lack kind of lot wotlk experience, and u are pretty vague of what u´ve done in vanilla and such..

aaanyway gl with your app (and yea we cud use a prot paly in the guild)
.:: Narunaru 80 warrior, Hujje 80 paladin, Mooyou 80 druid
Stench
Site Admin

Site Admin

Post by Stench »

hmmm

Stench - Founder of Out of range
Kaltey
Almost a nobody (or possibly Qym)

Post by Kaltey »

some of your gems are fucked up oO +16 crit rating in the tanking jc trinket? woot? Razz
and your talent is also weird.. 5/5 reckoning (which could been spent in better use) :/ and i thought every prot paly knew u dont put 2p (just 1) in the improved judgement cuz it fucks up 9/6/9/6... rotation..
and why pursuit of justice..? OO all this might just be cuz u "test" something out atm.. what do i know ^^

other than that, you lack kind of lot wotlk experience, and u are pretty vague of what u´ve done in vanilla and such..

aaanyway gl with your app (and yea we cud use a prot paly in the guild)
Let me explain a little bit:
That gem is of course not supposed to be there, I just threw something in to fill that spot up, I do want a +41 stamina in that socket, and every other yellow socket I got. Otherwise I would have to use a +16 defence to have any use for that spot as my jewelcrafting looks at the moment. I got the minimum defence required for raids and heroics, so why would I want to throw in more? I have better use for some critical strikes to raise my threat.
Now to the reckoning talent. 2 hits in one attack is great if you think about it. With Judgement of Wisdom/Light up, this will give me twice as much mana/hp for 8 seconds as I would otherwise gain. With three mobs on me, Reckoning procs almost every time it goes down, or at least within the next 2-3 seconds. And with the low mana protection paladins get from gear, this is very useable. It also raises my threat, not just by the double hits, I can also mash my spells without to worry about getting out of mana.
I dont use the 9/6/9/6 rotation, I wouldn't have use for some specific spells and items in that case when we're talking about TPS. My rotation is following:
1. Avenger's Shield
(If undead, I also use Exorcism here)
2. Holy Shield and Sacred Shield (doesn't trigger global cooldown, low mana cost, uses it every forth rotation)
3. Judgement of Wisdom (triggers my Libram of Obstruction, increasing shield block value by 352 for 6 seconds)
4. Consecration
5. Shield of the Rightouess (with the +352 shield block value, It usually hits for about 2500+, crits for about 6000+)
(if undead, I also use Holy Wrath here)
6. Hammer of Rightouess
7. Repeat, or using trinkets, Hammer of Wrath, Avenging Wrath or Hand of Reckoning if needed.
Using this rotation, I gain the most beneficials from spells, trinkets and my libram as possible. With my current gear I do about 1200-1400 DPS, which is enough to hold aggro, except when people burst out as much dps as they possibly can, or using their own threat spells, which happens a lot when there are DK's and/or warriors in my group. Has happened that paladins have used Hand of Reckoning, for some reason, or having Rightouess Fury up (with specc it reduces damage taken by 6%).

Regarding my experience in Vanilla, it doesn't matter at all. I played mage at that time, and that was three years ago. I don't remember anything, and what ever I DO remember, I don't have any use for now while tanking.
And Pursuit of Justice; It reduces the duration of all disarm effect by 50%, and increases my movement speed by 15%, which can be useful in some specific fights. Together with my Titanium Weapon Chain, I should be immune to disarm effects, haven't tried it out yet, though it's been a long time since I actully did get disarmed.

I guess I explained everything you asked for :)
Corroc
Someone special

Post by Corroc »

if you are thrown in a fight where adds are coming from 4 corners and there is two big mobs doing aoe attacks and huge breaths that you need to dodge how well do you think you could cope with the situation?!
oh and you need to tank the adds that are spawning from the corners.