Earth nature field

Kaltey - Protection Paladin

Apply to join Out of range
Jobim
Somebody

Post by Jobim »

Corroc wrote:if you are thrown in a fight where adds are coming from 4 corners and there is two big mobs doing aoe attacks and huge breaths that you need to dodge how well do you think you could cope with the situation?!
oh and you need to tank the adds that are spawning from the corners.
This seems easy to test. :)
Kaltey
Almost a nobody (or possibly Qym)

Post by Kaltey »

First time I would probably fail, unless someone explained a tactic that would work.
But as I understand it, i got two badboys with an AoE similar to Arcane Explosion (if it was something like Flamestrike/Blizzard, that would have been thrown at ranged people most likely) and another AoE like Dragon's Breath, though with a huge range. Also some adds spawning in different corners.
What I would have done if this was the case, is to keep all ranged dps and healers at the same spot, standing next to each other. If they do, it's easier to throw Hand of Reckoning or Avenger's Shield to catch the mobs attention if I have to. I would have kept the mobs backs against the rest of the group, so they avoid the breath the big mobs do. And if the AoE and/or Breath has a casting time, run back a couple of yards to avoid them, or strafe to the side to avoid breaths if they have a fixed direction, instead of following me. If they do tend to follow the breath agaisn't me even if im moving, which the situation probably would be, the only thing I can do is to stand still and take the hit.
And basically following my rotation mentioned before, changing between the big mobs everytime I repeat to keep the aggro up just in case. The smaller mobs should be AoE:ed down pretty fast as they spawn, when they reach my position.
If your not getting it, or if I missunderstood you, please correct me.

In patch 3.1, a new glyph will help in multi-mob tanking:
# Glyph of Hammer of the Righteous — Your Hammer of the Righteous hits 1 additional target.
And with the improvement of Exorcism, to attack any mob at all with it, will be another great spell for getting those mobs who run away from me, back to me.
# Glyph of Exorcism — Increases damage done by Exorcism by 20%.
With that glyph, I'm all like, "om nom nom".
Nubje
Haxxor

Post by Nubje »

How about this scenario;

You're deep into a well, you don't know how you got there but thats irrelevant. The walls of the well extend up above you, perhaps for 60 metres, all you see is a bright, tiny circle of light far in the distance, HOPE, if you will.

The atmosphere is clammy, you're panicing, you find it difficult to breath, it feels as if the walls are closing in onto you, your inevitable death looming.

You have to think fast, the walls are too far apart to try climb up like a crab, so forget that idea. Theres also no hand holds or footholds and the sides are slippery with moisture. Theres no dangling buckets or ropes either.

Shouting wont help because you're in a well in the middle of a barley field in December, many months before the crop needs to be planted by the farmer. Theres also no chance of passing ramblers or tourists because of an angry goat in an adjacent field.

What do you do Kaltey, what do you do?
hujedamej
Dude, where's my pen?

Post by hujedamej »

atleast u showed effort in trying to explain for yourself.

STILL i think pursuit is justice is not even close to viable in the present content, my advice, if u going pve tank ditch it and put em somewhere else, maybe seals of the pure for extra tps/dmg

and about reckoning, doesnt it reset swing timer? and numerous test has been made whereeas ppl experienced 5/5 reck didnt made big enough difference (but guess it depends on weapon speed?) as without, dunno if uself tested it personally. but if u feel it works for u, then fine ^^

cant say much more for now, could be interesting to try u out, and will prolly give u an answer soon
gl
.:: Narunaru 80 warrior, Hujje 80 paladin, Mooyou 80 druid
Corroc
Someone special

Post by Corroc »

The problem with reckoning is that if the boss parries your attack he will instantly hit, on patchwerk, that would be most likely insta death.
rawsteel
Most stubborn man alive

Post by rawsteel »

the parry-to-hit mechanic is disabled on patchwerk
Rawsteel, 80 Warrior
Rawwe, 80 Rogue
Warsteel, 80 Warlock
Haikala, 80 Priest
Leafmealone
Someone special

Post by Leafmealone »

give the poor cunt an answer, he seems very dedicated, ill ignore the fact he likes blodshare
ImageImage
Blodshare
Talker

Post by Blodshare »

Leaf stop lying to yourself! i know you love me! it's our destiny! :D
Blodshare
Kaltey
Almost a nobody (or possibly Qym)

Post by Kaltey »

I never said I liked Blodshare? He just gives me free noodles?

And about that thing about trapped in a well without an exit, thats just stupid.
Leijonamieli
Lvl 70 poster

Lvl 70 poster

Post by Leijonamieli »

Nubje wrote:How about this scenario;

You're deep into a well, you don't know how you got there but thats irrelevant. The walls of the well extend up above you, perhaps for 60 metres, all you see is a bright, tiny circle of light far in the distance, HOPE, if you will.

The atmosphere is clammy, you're panicing, you find it difficult to breath, it feels as if the walls are closing in onto you, your inevitable death looming.

You have to think fast, the walls are too far apart to try climb up like a crab, so forget that idea. Theres also no hand holds or footholds and the sides are slippery with moisture. Theres no dangling buckets or ropes either.

Shouting wont help because you're in a well in the middle of a barley field in December, many months before the crop needs to be planted by the farmer. Theres also no chance of passing ramblers or tourists because of an angry goat in an adjacent field.

I would start crying in the dark lonely well until i die.
Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.
Leijonamieli - Piece of Furniture Since 2005.
Sold after molded in the corner. ;(
Corroc
Someone special

Post by Corroc »

I would just laugh, just laugh...until I would be tired, then I would catch a breath for 15sec and start it again, just laughing.
Wistern
Lvl 70 poster

Lvl 70 poster

Post by Wistern »

bubble hs?
WIST (Wish I Said That)
Wistern-Hunter (LS)Retired!
Jalok-64 Mage (TN)Retired!
Nubje
Haxxor

Post by Nubje »

The correct answer is "Ant Ladder", close tho but no cigar.
Leijonamieli
Lvl 70 poster

Lvl 70 poster

Post by Leijonamieli »

what about using 3G connections with your cellphone and telling in irc you are screwed where other guys could just lol @your misery.
Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.
Leijonamieli - Piece of Furniture Since 2005.
Sold after molded in the corner. ;(
Stench
Site Admin

Site Admin

Post by Stench »

no go for you this time

declined

Stench - Founder of Out of range