Earth nature field

[Cancelled] Xrealm Application

Apply to join Out of range
Strafferen
New dude

[Cancelled] Xrealm Application

Post by Strafferen »

General information
Where are you from?: Denmark ; more precise, a small town in southern denmark...

Game information
Ingame Name: Strafferen (Danish word for "the punisher")
Race: Tauren Male (some guilds tend to ask for sex)
Class: Shaman
Level: 70
Time played? Type /played ingame: 69 days; 8hours... On that char.
Professions:
Blacksmithing 375
Leatherworking 375
Do you have any rare patterns (not that important but always nice)?: Got a BoE Leatherbelt (from TK), and a 2h Mace plan; ... rest is BoP.
Talent build (better be good or we will tell you to change): 0/47/14 - Melee support; +3hit; +10yard totem for hunters in the group; Ekstra dodge for when passing the tank on threat due to a "lucky" WF strike...
What is your usual play time?: Usually online 16-01 ... every day.
Can you follow our raidschedule, and don't have to kiss your mommy 10 minutes each hour?: Well, I haven't encountered a guild whose raidschedule i couldn't follow; and the times written in the other thread seems fair and normal.
Got Ventrilo and working sound so you can actually listen to what is said? Yeye. Using 3.0VT in my current guild; 2.1 in a casual guild where my warrior is located, and got Teamspeak for backup. Used all 3 types over the last 4-5 years (BF1942/CS/D2LoD gaming)
Got enough money to respec and willing to do it? Respec = 50g. 4 daylies = 48g; +random crap dropped... it's np. Got some ekstra gold as well on some alts.
Previous Guilds: Since this is Xrealm, i don't really think you know them. But in case you're going to check on me (as i did on players once), it's @ Xavius realm : Invader (currently); This Is Madness ... rest of the guilds are Disbanded.
Have you have any raiding experience?:
Pre-tbc: MC/BWL/AQ(both)/ONYX/NAXX(raz & Anub)
Tbc: Gruuls, kara, maggie, SSC (4% on Vashj (1st on dps at the 4%, battleing a NASTY firemage)), TK (3/4 ; never tried Kael)

Is there anyone in the guild who can vouch for you?: Don't know your guild that well, and doubt any members know me as im Xrealm.

Attuned to Karazhan?: Ye
Attuned with heroic instances?: Ye
Attuned with Mount Hyjal or Black Tempel or what part are you on? (huge plus): Sorry; Still missing both Vials.

Profile (Allakhazam/CT/Armory): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... Strafferen

Gear Manual Template (not needed if you got a profile, witch you should have)
Head:
Neck:
Chest:
Wrist:
Hands:
Belt:
Legs:
Rings:
Trinkets:

Main & Offhand: Dragonstrike (Mongoose) | Gladiator's Pummeler (crusader) - Waiting for Al'ar that craphead to drop the Axe.
Gun & Bow:

Other stuff
Why do you want to join us (impress!)?:
Well; I can't really complain in any way about my current guild. The only problem there, is that all ~9 of my IRL mates (which i've been gaming with for ~5years) moved to this server to join the Casual Aegis Nocturna. For me to play with them, i need to move. Now, I've asked alot of random players in random guilds, and most mentioned OOR as the best guild (not just PvE wise), but friendly -wise. I’ve seen you’ve taken down all bosses in the game, cheers with that; but are yeh still able to do so after 1-2 weeks of pause? ï
Last edited by Strafferen on Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I hate stunlock !
Lanka
Someone special

Post by Lanka »

"but are yeh still able to do so after 1-2 weeks of pause" i lold :)

anyway i used to be shaman class leader but not anymore and im atm the only guild enhancement shaman,
Seeing that you have pretty much crap sockets etc for pve i might ask if your wearing pvp gear? since you need atleast 160+ hit rating to be usefull in a pve guild. and still missing the keys for both BT and hyjal is a huge loss on your apply.

................Hit rating*..AP..Crit....HP..Mana
Bare Minimum....130..900..18%..6.2k..5.9k
Acceptable.........170..1.1k..20%..6.8k..6.2k
Target Numbers..190..1.3k..23%..7.4k..6.5k

quote from wowwiki

"Bare minimum: are stats that are the absolute minimum in any one area you can have and expect to raid. If you fall below in any category you will be pretty much dead weight"

Friendly advice // lanka
A man walks in to a bar with a monkey on his head, i forgot the rest of the joke but your mom is a whore.
Taurenaz
New dude

Post by Taurenaz »

Just have to post this Lanka:

"There is no magic value of +Hit that an Enhance Shaman needs We need as much of every stat as we can get, but hit rating is just less important than the others. That's all it amounts to. Many top tier shaman raid with less than 100 hit rating on their gear and boast some of the highest DPS values recorded for our spec. (That does not mean that the goal is to have low hit rating either though.) Rogues and Warriors require large amounts of +Hit to be effective because of their energy/rage feedback system and because they do not have talents that can hit cap their specials before considering hit on gear. Enhance shaman have no such feedback system and are able to hit cap specials through talents - therefore, hit rating above and beyond your talents is nice to have, but is not a necessity."

"The [Rigid Dawnstone] is always the wrong answer for enhance shaman."

Taken from the 227pages long thread about enhance specc on EJ forums. You should change your hit trinket to a crit or ap one, you should aim for at least 27-28% crit to ensure max uptime of Flurry. And never ever enchant ap instead of STR;)

This guy you just tried to correct in terms of gems/enchants, is the one you should look at instead.
Leafmealone
Someone special

Post by Leafmealone »

Taurenaz wrote:Just have to post this Lanka:

"There is no magic value of +Hit that an Enhance Shaman needs We need as much of every stat as we can get, but hit rating is just less important than the others. That's all it amounts to. Many top tier shaman raid with less than 100 hit rating on their gear and boast some of the highest DPS values recorded for our spec. (That does not mean that the goal is to have low hit rating either though.) Rogues and Warriors require large amounts of +Hit to be effective because of their energy/rage feedback system and because they do not have talents that can hit cap their specials before considering hit on gear. Enhance shaman have no such feedback system and are able to hit cap specials through talents - therefore, hit rating above and beyond your talents is nice to have, but is not a necessity."

"The [Rigid Dawnstone] is always the wrong answer for enhance shaman."

Taken from the 227pages long thread about enhance specc on EJ forums. You should change your hit trinket to a crit or ap one, you should aim for at least 27-28% crit to ensure max uptime of Flurry. And never ever enchant ap instead of STR;)

This guy you just tried to correct in terms of gems/enchants, is the one you should look at instead.
You registered to our forums just for that?
Lanka
Someone special

Post by Lanka »

seeing missing a hit in pve may cause your wf to procc on your offhand instead wich will do considerably less dmg,
also ive tried without as much hit rating as i have now and its a nerf of the enhancement shaman seeing that i got about 210hitrating+ i am more likely top 5 in most standard dps fights, missing about 4-5 hits during a long boss fight (about 10min). without it i wouldve been on top 20 maybe even outdps'ed by retri paladins with green gear :D
A man walks in to a bar with a monkey on his head, i forgot the rest of the joke but your mom is a whore.
Lanka
Someone special

Post by Lanka »

also a bloke like me that is using mongoose enchants wants them to procc as much as possible to get the 120agi and 2% haste rating aswell as using it fully by not missing like a retard :D
Taurenaz
New dude

Post by Taurenaz »

Well well, can u tell me how on earth a few more misses gives higher chance for offhand procc? It doesn't change at all. What u got to remember is that wf is on 3sec cd, so wf doesn't really procc less with less hit. If you gem with str/crit instead you will gain so much extra dmg that you don't have to care of some more misses. Also have in mind that str/crit affects ALL your dmg (shocks also, even tho it's a small boost), while hit only affect white dps.

Edit: Mongoose is on ppm afaik, doesnt change with more hit.
Lanka
Someone special

Post by Lanka »

Fast main-hand / slow offhand = wf procs more on mainhand =more dps but you should also see to it that your mainhand should have higher max dmg then 300 ish for bt raiding and seeing that you miss a mainhand hit you will have a chance to hit on offhand to procc wf wich will suck balls since offhand does 500dmg to 700dmg each if you crit at max and that is crap dmg if you compare it to mainhand dmg wich can be 1500-2000 dmg if you crit,

1500 1500 1500 > 500 500 500

more or less :)

200+ hit rating and fast mainhand and slow offhand will make it more likely that windfury will procc on mainhand and that it wont miss and remove loads of your damage per second.

and yes wf does procc less with less hit since wf isnt bound to procc on every hit since its a 20% chance to procc wf and meaning that if you miss a hit that you were going to procc wf on and you dont procc it within 5 more hits that makes if a waste of 3 sec cooldown on the wf procc.

also crit does higher your threat considerably so id rather go for STR instead for more ap wich gives you more spelldmg if you specc that ofc... and as enhancement shaman you use earthshock alot and seeing that most raiding shamans use the Stonebreaker's Totem wich has a chance on shock to increase ap by 110 for 10sec, this makes you spam shocks even more...

and hit does effect stormstrike dps aswell as wf...
Strafferen
New dude

Post by Strafferen »

Didn't really expect people to go down on numbers @ Windfury... I gotta say that. And yeah, i know the gear ain't BT/MH stuff. I could lie, ofc, but that wouldn't help me in any way further on. I've tried full +hit gems in all sockets; but yet i haven't found a huge difference. Could be, that non-MH/BT creeps are easier to hit or something, i can't say, but... Yeh! A mate of mine, a BT shaman, told me to visit the EJ site as well, if i wanted to focus on PVE raiding as Enhancement. So I've tried to follow that example, as Taurenaz(?) wrote... Thanks for defending/commenting on the stuff, though i don't know you. /thank

Yeh, I'm wearing some PvP gear; gear which i found a bit better than the ones i had. On the level of enchants; i'm cool with the crusader buff; my crit% is around ~40-44 when doing bosses, so SR should never be running out. Rather go for +80str randomly than +~5% crit, when the cap is covered.

I perfectly understand that, towards you guys, Im very undergeared. But... One gotta take a chance sometimes, ask around, hear if there's a spot. If not, it's cool ^^. No need for personal things ^^

///S
I hate stunlock !
Taurenaz
New dude

Post by Taurenaz »

Wf actually has a 36% procchance while dw. I can promise you that dual Syphons will outperform what u have now, even tho they're the same speed since that weapon got insane topdmg-->scales like mad with wf/ss(they're not normalized).

Also Flame Shock gives way higher dps than Earth Shock, 145 dps compared to 90 with raid buffs/debuffs.

Well now you got the link Lanka, read the thread.
Lanka
Someone special

Post by Lanka »

idd i use flameshock aswell and i am aiming for dual syphons just ask the rest of the guild lol :D
Taurenaz
New dude

Post by Taurenaz »

Lanka wrote:idd i use flameshock aswell and i am aiming for dual syphons just ask the rest of the guild lol :D
haha ok :P
Strafferen
New dude

Post by Strafferen »

Usually it takes some days to comment on one selves applications.

After looking at some random people from OOR via armory, i think it's better for me just to stay where i am, atm. We're doing fine, and tbh, i wouldn't learn anything from joining you guys :) I mean; damnit... you've beaten everything :) Why the heck should i come along on a free-ride? Even though ive been "live" since beta, doesn't mean i've got the right to just come along. I haven't spent time on grinding shadow/fire res gear, not wiped on bosses and felt the JOY of beating them for the first time (in the guild) like you guys... heh. Wake up, Straf :)

Therefore; "sorry?" lads; but i'll hereby withdraw my application. Gear is heavily below your standards, and i don't feel i can betray my current guild. Thanks for the replys; and im terribly sorry for taking your time.

With Kind Regards
Straf
I hate stunlock !